Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Max is 3 !!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!
Last Saturday, August 23 we celebrated Max's 3rd birthday. I cannot believe 3 years have passed and my baby boy is no longer a baby. Yeah, he has not been a baby for quite some time, but I still think of him as my baby boy. He is such a great joy to have around and always keeping things lively, says some of the darnedest things, and occasionally repeats something that I really wish he had not.

This year Max wanted to have a Thomas the Train birthday and then he wanted a baseball birthday, and then he wanted a Mickey Mouse birthday. After a couple weeks of he finally settled on Thomas the Train. I broke down and bought a birthday cake this year instead of making it. I hope that in years to come I will do better and make the cake myself.

Max was so excited to have all of his family come over and have a party, the presents for his birthday were just an added bonus. He wanted to have BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs, so that is what we had. We added in some chips, salads, watermelon, and the fixings for the burgers and hot dogs. I could have gone for something a little more healthy, but he loved it.

When we got to opening presents Max was so excited and so polite. He would open a present and then tell whoever gave it to him "Thank You Guys". It was so cute. I was a little worried that he would not share and he would be a little of a stinker, but he was just the opposite, he let all the other kids play with his toys and he shared so well. I wondered what had happened to my Max. My little spit fire, everything is mine, don't touch, don't look, leave it to me Max, but he was very willing to share and play with the other kids. It was great.

It was great to have all our immediate family and a few not quiet immediate family come and celebrate this wonderful day with us. Thank You all for you continued love and support. We love you all and can't wait till next year to do it all again (if we are still in the great state of Utah) if not till next time.

(Pictures to come)

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad I know your blog address now. You bet I'll be back to check it out. I'm excited to take pictures of you beautiful family! I'll be calling you in the next couple of days...

Marcie said...

Yeah, I have access to your blog! It's great to read about your kiddos. I need to see Ava and hold her. Tommy sits up on his own and I don't feel like he depends on me quite as much, although he still is my snuggly boy.
It's great to read what you are up to.

brandonandstephaniegoble.blogspot.com said...

Looks like max had a great b-day party. I still can't believe our boys are 3 years old. Ry keeps asking when he is coming to play again. Hope all is well & we will talk to you soon.